Monday, September 14, 2015

Paris and Environs. Not a pretty picture!

Where Did All This Rain Come From?

Day one was pretty cool as we exited Paris. There was the departure through a lock and into the Seine. It was so cool sailing down the River and seeing the sights. Departure...

Then off down the Seine we went.





The tower was pretty cool seen this way with the top in the clouds. How much would that suck if your formal tour was scheduled to go to the top on this morning?!


Then off down the river as we pulled out of the main city. Some of the crew went riding to Versailles today in the heavy rain...Annemarie included...not me...been there on a nice sunny day! They returned soaked to the skin! On the other hand...I cruised downstream in the rain and did some writing.
When we arrived at our night stop, the rain stopped so I took my sticks and went for a beautiful walk.
And guess what. I found another GR route!
So of course I had to walk on!

It soothed my battered mind. I walked about 12kms and found small villages and the sun came out...


Then back to the boat to find a dispute with the property owner underway. A seemingly arrogant rich French guy who threatened police and everything. The entertainment I reckon!
Today I will ride. It's raining, but I want a nice bit of excercise to build up my appetite for all the food and drink tonight! The food is pretty good, there's lots of it and there is plenty to drink. Hey Bruce, good idea about the wake boarding! 


Bon Bateau!

2 comments:

Ken Wilson said...

Looks like a lovely walk, but you're supposed to be resting!

Enjoy the bike ride. Good to hear that the weather has turned.

Neil Millar said...

We're glad you both found some little adventures to go on today - Annemarie through the rain to the palace, Geoff along a beautiful woodland path. Those GR routes pop up all over the place, and look so enticing - and being able to walk a bit sounds as though it was important for you, Geoff.

We had a change of Prime Minister overnight, so no doubt the Aussies on board are talking about that.

Hope you have a good day on the bikes, and find some unexpected delights on the way.

Bon bateau (et vélo)

Neil and Sarah


Pumukkale Sunset

Kayaking at Kekova