Saturday, June 16, 2012

Small Update...

This has turned out to be one of those special days you experience when traveling...I know...every day is special when traveling, but some are a little more special than others. First of all, after providing an update this morning I found out that our Euro 35 room did come with breakfast...how cool was that? Then we had a very enjoyable day touring around the country side (sure is easier in a car!) seeing two of four monasteries that are each UNESCO World Heritage sights. Each an exceptional experience, with very few other tourist types visiting while we were there...bonus! That will change in about 2 weeks.
 

Next nice event was wandering through a small market store and gathering the fixing for lunch today and then taking those items to the top of the cliff overlooking our village beach where we sat on the edge in 26C sun and just enjoyed the view.

Now I'm thinking, “it doesn't get much better than this”...but it did! We returned to Nazare and when we complete the 3rd floor crawl to our room, we notice that the rooms at the front of our funky hotel are vacant with amazing Atlantic views. The Team Lead suggests that it sure would be nice...but at what cost? The Super Domestic resurrects his roll and descends the 3 floors (again) and manages to negotiate a move to this amazing room...at the same E35 rate (with breakfast!!!). He climbs back up to the 3rd floor (yet again) to inform the TL and we happily move into the penthouse suite where we have three cute windows that open on to the amazing beach and the wide open Atlantic. SD and TL head out to acquire a good (but cheap) bottle of wine and potato chips, and sit down to look out to sea and follow the happenings on the promenade.
 
 

Then another major occurrence...you may have noticed no photos in the blog this trip. I have had a problem with my card reader, but I was able to fix it (in between glances out to sea) with my trusted Swiss knife and I now have my photos backed-up. Unfortunately I am having problems downloading to my blog so may have to wait until I get home...next trip definitely update to an IPad so can connect with home system from anywhere.

So a special travel day...and we haven't even been out for dinner yet! Just thinking about all that sea food…then there is the possible sunset from our window(s). Then there was a parade around mid-night...no idea what it was about...went right under our window!
 

Dad, will try to connect with you tomorrow on Father's Day. Sorry I can't make you dinner until I get back, but I will be thinking of you as always. Glad to hear that your ear surgery went well...best news possible.

No comments:


Pumukkale Sunset

Kayaking at Kekova