Bryan graduates high school today and is just that close to taking off at the end of the month for a 4 month work experience in Tofino. He will be working for his Uncle Don preparing the whale watching zodiacs and kayaks and probably just about anything else that comes his way. He's ready for this experience and can't wait to get out on his own...we all remember the unfettered freedom. Responsibilities are minimal and you can call your own shots. I expect that when he's not playing his guitar most of his free time will be spent kayaking and wandering the west coast beaches...then there's the parties! We will particularly miss him this summer, but will have visits with him at Mom & Dad's 60th wedding anniversary at Sun Peaks in late July and we will likely wander up to Tofino sometime in the fall after the tourist hords have thinned.
Tomorrow morning I fly out to Istanbul (that sounds so cool) to meet up with Erin who has been waiting there since Monday. Turkey is 10 hours ahead so will arrive 5:30pm local time Friday, and we will fly onwards to the small town of Nevehir the next morning. Don't really want to start the trip in a city of 16M souls so thought we would go east (get past the jet lag) and work our way slowly back to Istanbul where Erin will fly onwards to Roma and sadly I will return home and back to work...until the next time!!
There are a few things to finish up before I'm ready to go and I want to spend some time with Bryan as well. I'll try to add comments as we travel...so stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment