Thursday, September 3, 2009

New Arrival!!

It arrived today, its about the size of a book and weighs only 2.5 lbs...its a netbook! Just what I've been looking for to tuck in to my day pack when I head off on the road. This will allow me to stay in touch with the world no matter where I get to as long I can find a wifi hook of course. I'll have the opportunity to try it out over the next few weeks as we travel down the Oregon coast on a road trip. Looks like we will be heading off into the rain Saturday (yuck!) so will hotel it for a couple of nights until the rain stops. We can then start to camp along the coast where ever the spirit takes us and walk those long beaches and dunes. May even get into northern California before turning north again. Hope to camp at the top of Crater Lake (its been -1C the last few nights) somewhere I've wanted to visit since studing the place in university. May also have a look at Mt St Helen's on our way home. As said...no specific plans, except to follow the fair weather. We will have our bikes with us so plan to take a number of long rides as Oregon appears well set-up for riding...at least according to the websites. I've tuned up and cleaned both bikes and have all the gear ready to go...so it should be fun...all those great vin-yards just waiting to be visited too! They may even be harvesting while we're there. When we return it will be for the last 2 days of summer so hope to get lucky with the weather.

No comments:


Pumukkale Sunset

Kayaking at Kekova